It’s definitely been hot in Washington this week. If you’ve been vacationing somewhere cool (or distracted by deadlines at work), you might have missed some strong evidence-backed opinions on the MetroTrends blog:
- Margaret Simms recommends changes in the mortgage interest deduction to help close the widening wealth gap between whites and minorities.
- Peter Tatian argues that subsidized housing can strengthen property values.
- Rolf Pendall shows how poverty is rising in both cities and suburbs.
- John Roman makes the case for measuring the benefits of public programs, not just their costs.
- The latest data raise concerns about whether Chattanooga’s economic come-back can survive current economic woes.
If you enjoy reading our evidence-based opinions, please share MetroTrends with your friends and colleagues. And come back next week!