This Week's Hot MetroTrends Topics
It’s definitely been hot in Washington this week. If you’ve been vacationing somewhere cool (or distracted by deadlines at work), you might have missed some strong evidence-backed opinions on the MetroTrends blog:
- Margaret Simms recommends changes in the mortgage interest deduction to help close the widening wealth gap between whites and minorities.
- Peter Tatian argues that subsidized housing can strengthen property values.
- Rolf Pendall shows how poverty is rising in both cities and suburbs.
- John Roman makes the case for measuring the benefits of public programs, not just their costs.
- The latest data raise concerns about whether Chattanooga’s economic come-back can survive current economic woes.
If you enjoy reading our evidence-based opinions, please share MetroTrends with your friends and colleagues. And come back next week!