The Urban Institute’s Upward Mobility Framework provides local leaders with tools for measuring and making progress toward upward mobility and equity in communities. The framework and its tools and resources are grounded in evidence and have been tested around the country.
This summer, Urban will launch a new phase of its work to expand and accelerate efforts across the US to increase upward mobility and reduce racial inequities in communities, drawing upon feedback and lessons from an inaugural set of counties that developed plans to measure and boost mobility from poverty.
Please join Urban Institute experts and national, regional, and local leaders for a conversation about how the Upward Mobility Framework can support local efforts, how leaders have adopted and used the framework and upward mobility planning process, and an announcement about upcoming opportunities to get involved with the work.
- Stephen Baiter, Executive Director, East Bay Economic Development Alliance
- Kimberly Burrowes, Technical Assistance Manager, Urban Institute
- Martha Fedorowicz, Training and Technical Assistance Manager, Urban Institute
- Emma Fernandez, Policy Associate, Urban Institute
- Keith Fudge, Senior Policy Program Manager & Mobility Framework Director, Urban Institute
- Erica Greeley, Vice President of Economic Mobility, Feeding America
- Kosar Jahani, Senior Program Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Beth McConnell, Director of Policy, Philadelphia Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity
- Ben Mindes, Deputy Chief of Staff, DC Deputy Mayor's Office of Planning and Economic Development
- Aqua Y. Porter, Executive Director, Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Margery Turner, Institute Fellow, Urban Institute
Support for this event is provided by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. For more information on the Urban Institute’s funding principles, go to urban.org/about/our-funding.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. Please email [email protected] if you require any accommodations or have any questions about this event.