Apprenticeships in technological occupations have grown in recent years across various industry sectors, such as IT, health care, and advanced manufacturing. As part of the Apprenticeship Expansion and Modernization Fund project, the Urban Institute and its partners are supporting employers nationwide in expanding registered apprenticeships in tech positions. This virtual event will include panelists representing employers, community organizations, and postsecondary institutions, who will discuss how they are recruiting diverse candidates, cultivating inclusive workplaces and classrooms, and ensuring equitable outcomes for groups who are underrepresented in tech fields and registered apprenticeships broadly.
- Nicole Brown, Senior Principal IT Security Consultant, Carter Enterprise Solutions
- Sierra Butcher, Cyber Security Analyst, Fiserv
- Diana Elliott, Principal Research Associate, Center on Labor, Human Services, and Population, Urban Institute
- Girish Seshagiri, Immediate Past Cochair, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education Apprenticeship Working Group
- Heather Terenzio, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Techtonic
- Michael Ward Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, Austin Urban Technology Movement
- Daniel Kuehn, Senior Research Associate, Income and Benefits Policy Center, Urban Institute (moderator)