This Week’s Hot MetroTrends Topics
MetroTrends had a lot cooking this week – offering new evidence and policy proposals on issues shaping access to opportunity in metro America:
- Tom Kingsley rejects familiar stereotypes about high-poverty neighborhoods.
- Greg Mills reports on the alarming number of Americans who rely on alternative credit sources like pawn shops and pay-day loans.
- Bob Lerman offers remedies for metros’ still-struggling housing market.
- Gina Adams poses critical questions about the Obama administration’s latest early learning initiative.
- Kim Rueben argues that the recent federal deficit-cutting deal probably won’t worsen cities’ fiscal woes.
If you enjoy learning about the diversity of policy challenges facing our nation’s metros -- please pass our MetroTrends blog along to friends and colleagues. And come back next week!