MetroTrends week in review
The presidential candidates will face off in their first debate next week. This week the MetroTrends blog offered two potential debate topics for Governor Romney and President Obama: poverty and community development.
- Margaret Simms waded through the mountain of recent Census poverty data and provided the big picture: from 2010 to 2011 poverty stayed the same or increased slightly in most of the country
- Marge Turner reviewed two books. The first – Investing in What Works for America’s Communities – presents the latest in community development
- Zach McDade re-posted a MetroTrends DC race-by-poverty interactive map – where are poor people concentrated in the nation’s capital?
- Austin Nichols broke the poverty data down by Metro: which areas are worst off? Which are best?
- Marge Turner’s second book review, of Driving Detroit, explores the challenges and lessons from the Motor City’s continued decline
Next week: Steve Wandner will blog about a central Romney campaign proposal to increase employment. Does a decade of research support this critical policy?