Join the Urban Institute and the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth for the first installment in a week-long online forum exploring a pivotal challenge facing cities: how to achieve equity in the digital age.
Technology and the digital revolution can advance inclusion, or they can leave already vulnerable people further behind. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought to life the consequences of technological inequality: access to technology determines access to jobs, services, food and merchandise, and education. How can we create a more equitable future? This discussion with experts in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors will help define equity and elevate new evidence and examples to inform the creation of inclusive cities.
- Gary Brantley, Chief Information Officer, City of Atlanta @trendyCIO
- Majestic Lane, Chief Equity Officer and Deputy Chief of Staff, City of Pittsburgh @IMajestic
- Lori Nelson, Chief Resilience Officer, City of Boston @LoriNelson2016
- Erika C. Poethig, Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Urban Institute @Erika_Poethig
- Alena Stern, Data Science Fellow, Urban Institute (moderator) @AlenaStern
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #InnovateForInclusiveGrowth