Panel 1: The Current Landscape
Who wins and who loses from exemption
Elizabeth Boris, Urban Institute
- Evelyn Brody, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Rick Cohen, Nonprofit Quarterly
- Joseph Cordes, George Washington University
- Thomas Longoria, Texas State University
Panel 2: Focus on Eds and Meds
A focus on the current major pressure points: nonprofit hospitals and colleges and universities.
Roger Colinvaux, Columbia School of Law, Catholic University of America
- Woods Bowman, DePaul University
- Matt Hamill, National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Keith Hearle, Verite Healthcare Consulting
Panel 3: Negotiated Payments in Lieu of Taxes as the Wave of the Future?
Will global solutions remain elusive? Will we see more use of “voluntary” PILOTs? What should a well-designed PILOT program look like, and how should it be created?
David Brunori, State Tax Notes
- G. Reynolds Clark, on behalf of the Pittsburgh Public Service Fund, University of Pittsburgh
- Daphne Kenyon, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- Payments in Lieu of Taxes: Balancing Municipal and Nonprofit Interests
- And related report (with Adam Langley) can be downloaded for free here.
- Ron Rakow, City of Boston
- David Thompson, National Council of Nonprofits