The New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program is a large, long-standing, place-based program that provides federal tax credits to attract private investment into low-income communities.
Join the Urban Institute for a presentation of new evidence on the NMTC program: the types of projects it supports, the neighborhoods where it is active, and its impacts on those communities. A discussion with NMTC field leaders will follow about the future of the program and how it should be positioned to meet the needs of businesses and communities presently unable to access capital.
- Annie Donovan, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Merrill Hoopengardner, President, National Trust Community Investment Corporation
- Robert E. James II, President, Carver Development CDE, LLC
- Inez Long, President and Chief Executive Officer, Black Business Investment Fund Florida
- Christina Plerhoples Stacy, Principal Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Brett Theodos, Senior Fellow and Director of the Community Economic Development Hub, Urban Institute
- Laura Vowell, Senior Vice President, U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation