Notaries are an essential part of many everyday procedures, such as starting a business or buying a home. New research from the Urban Institute shows that access to notaries varies based on where you live. Our findings suggest that access to notaries per capita depends on the state, as well as factors like poverty and employment rates. These disparities may have implications for state-level notary policy. Join us for a virtual event on the geography of notaries in the US, where speakers will present this research and discuss its implications.
- Lori Hamm, Notary Administrator, Montana Secretary of State
- Pat Kinsel, CEO, Notarize Inc.
- Noah McDaniel, Research Analyst, Urban Institute
- Brett Theodos, Senior Fellow and Director of the Community Economic Development Hub, Urban Institute
- Kelly Thomasson, Former Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth