About Urban

Support Urban Institute
Ways to Give

Thank you for considering a gift to the Urban Institute. We welcome contributions for general support, which enable us to anticipate and respond to emerging policy challenges with timely analysis and insights. 

Donate online

Visit our donation page to make a contribution today.

Send a check

Please make checks payable to the Urban Institute (Tax ID 52-0880375) and mail to: 

Erin Kundolf
Vice President for Philanthropic Partnership
Urban Institute
500 L’Enfant Plaza SW
Washington, DC 20024

Contribute stocks or mutual funds or via wire transfer

Please notify our Development Office at [email protected]. We will provide further instructions for you and your financial advisor.

Ask your employer to match your donation

Many businesses and foundations match donations made by their staff and trustees. This is a simple way to double the support you provide to Urban.

Include a bequest in your will or trust

A gift in your will or trust can help Urban’s experts inform social and economic policy for many years to come. Learn more here.

Donate other types of assets

If you would like to donate other nonmonetary types of assets to Urban, please contact the Development Office by email or by calling 202-261-5657 to discuss feasibility.

The Urban Institute is a nonprofit policy research organization. Donations to the Urban Institute are tax deductible as charitable contributions and will be disclosed to the Internal Revenue Service and may be disclosed to the public. The Urban Institute is a Delaware corporation, and its offices are located in Washington, DC. Our federal ID number is 52-0880375. A copy of the Urban Institute’s latest financial report is available here, or you can request a copy by writing to Development Office, Urban Institute, 500 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20024. If you are a resident of Florida, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, or West Virginia, you may also obtain financial information directly from your respective state agencies. For more information, visit www.urban.org/support/statefundraisingdisclosures