Place matters. Where we live shapes our daily quality of life and prospects for upward mobility. The federal government has a critical role to play in stimulating and supporting economic growth, and in doing so in ways that help all residents succeed. From Opportunity Zones to New Markets Tax Credits to the Community Development Block Grant, the federal government has an array of policies and programs with the potential for change.
Join the Urban Institute as we explore the future of place-based policymaking through a dynamic convening of experts including the chairman of the House Select Committee on Economic Disparity and Fairness in Growth.
- Chairman Jim Himes, House Select Committee on Economic Disparity and Fairness in Growth
- Laura N. Brunner, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Port
- Carol R. Naughton, Chief Executive Officer, Purpose Built Communities
- Brett Theodos, Senior Fellow and Director of the Community Economic Development Hub, Urban Institute
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, President, Urban Institute
- Barika Williams, Executive Director, Association for Neighborhood & Housing Development
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. Please email [email protected] if you require any accommodations or have any questions about this event.