The Forum for Youth Investment and the Urban Institute invite you to learn how federal, state, and local government officials use evidence to improve programs and policies and how these approaches can be used in the implementation of the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act. Through the Evidence Act, agencies are considering how to integrate new positions and processes into their work. The discussion will highlight ways to make evidence for improvement more institutionalized and iterative.
Panelists will share how their agencies use evidence when drafting policy changes and reforming programs, as well as what evidence led them to improve their initiatives. Attendees will then hear from the Office of Management and Budget’s evidence team on opportunities to use evidence to improve programs through the implementation of the Evidence Act.
- Jean-Marie Callan, Deputy Director for Programs and Evaluation, New York City Mayor’s Office for Economic Opportunity
- Diana Epstein, Evidence Team Lead, White House Office of Management and Budget
- Thaddeus Ferber, Vice President for Policy Advocacy, The Forum for Youth Investment
- Peter Nelson, Director of Research and Innovation, ServeMinnesota
- Demetra Smith Nightingale, Institute Fellow, Urban Institute
- Barry Steffen, Social Science Analyst, US Department of Housing and Urban Development
Margery Turner, Senior Vice President, Program Planning and Management, Urban Institute