Interest in expanding apprenticeship is substantial in the United States, Europe, and East Asia. But the COVID-19 pandemic, its negative effects on employment, and the ongoing efforts to widen economic opportunities complicate the work to scale, sustain, and enhance apprenticeship in many countries.
The Urban Institute and the International Network for Innovative Apprenticeship (INAP) invite you to the ninth annual forum on apprenticeships. This event will focus on trends in seven countries across East Asia, Europe, and North America. INAP scholars will present new research findings and will have productive exchanges about real-world apprenticeship practices. This virtual forum will offer the opportunity to reach and enlighten not only INAP members but also the broader, global community of researchers, policymakers, employers, workers and other interested citizens.
- Tom Bewick, CEO, Federation of Awarding Bodies
- Thomas Deissinger, Chair of Business and Economics Education, University of Konstanz
- Philipp Gonon, Professor of Vocational Education and Training, University of Zurich
- Daniel Kuehn, Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Robert Lerman, Institute Fellow, Urban Institute
- Felix Rauner, Professor, University of Bremen
- Erica Smith, Professor and Personal Chair in Vocational Education and Training, Federation University Australia
- Bonnie Watt, Professor, Faculty of Education, University of Alberta
- Zhiqun Zhao, Professor, Beijing Normal University