The event will be webcast live from this page.
Registration is not required to view the webcast.
The online audience can submit questions to email@example.com.
School funding has taken center stage this spring, with teachers’ strikes popping up around the nation, several states considering full revamps of their funding formulas, and other states scrambling to make court-mandated changes. Given the complexities of school funding, how should states approach changes to their education funding formulas?
Join the Urban Institute for a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities of changing school funding policy, featuring those who have done this work on the ground. We’ll hear from school finance experts and advocates from several states that have recently changed their funding formulas and discuss what it takes to navigate competing priorities and ensure the best outcomes for students.
- Jessica Handy, Government Affairs Director, Stand for Children, Illinois
- Katie Roy, Director and Founder, Connecticut School Finance Project
- Shari Runner, President and CEO, Chicago Urban League
- Jason Willis, Director of Strategy and Performance, Comprehensive School Assistance Program, WestEd
- Cory Turner, Senior Editor, NPR Education (moderator)