Cohosted by the Urban Institute and the Citi Foundation
In thriving cities like Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, public, nonprofit, and private partners are developing and testing innovative programs and strategies that drive positive economic outcomes for low- and moderate-income residents.
The Urban Institute, in collaboration with the Citi Foundation, invites you to a discussion featuring high-impact organizations and visionary thought leaders from across the country, as they highlight new ground they have broken and reflect on future efforts to create lasting change for individuals and communities.
This event will be an opportunity for practitioners, policymakers, funders, and community stakeholders to learn
- fresh insights, new data, and innovative approaches that can tackle poverty; and
- promising place-based strategies for transforming neighborhoods into environments that create and nurture economic opportunity.
- Ja’Ron Smith, Director of Urban Affairs and Revitalization Policy, Domestic Policy Council, Executive Office of the President
- Lisa Mensah, President and CEO, Opportunity Finance Network
- Bob Annibale, Global Director, Community Development and Inclusive Finance, Citi
- Gretchen Beesing, CEO, Catalyst Miami
- Sheldon Danziger, President, Russell Sage Foundation
- David J. Erickson, Director, Community Development, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
- Anne Evens, CEO, Elevate Energy
- Jacqueline Martinez Garcel, CEO, Latino Community Foundation
- Carla Javits, President and CEO, Roberts Enterprise Development Fund
- Maurice Jones, President and CEO, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Brandee McHale, President, Citi Foundation
- Juan Salgado, Chancellor, City Colleges of Chicago
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, President, Urban Institute