The Urban Institute, The Wilson Center, and UC Riverside School of Public Policy are pleased to have hosted an important conversation on how best to improve diversity in our nation’s think tanks. We discussed the problem of lack of gender and racial diversity in research and leadership positions. And we discussed concrete solutions—either those already underway, or additional strategies that need to be crafted and deployed. Participants included think tank executives, human resources staff, intern program coordinators, and members of alumni and staff associations in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Andrew Selee, executive vice president, Wilson Center
- Karthick Ramakrishnan, associate dean, UC Riverside and global fellow, Wilson Center (Moderator)
- Sam Fulwood, director of Leadership Institute, Center for American Progress
- Denise Riebman, director of career development, Trachtenberg School, George Washington University
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, president, Urban Institute