Everyone agrees that the tax code is a mess. So why is tax reform so hard? What could lawmakers do to build broad public support for an idea that would inevitably create winners and losers? The Tax Policy Center hosted three of the nation’s leading scholars on the politics of tax reform to discuss the political challenges and suggest ways lawmakers might overcome them.
- Leonard Burman, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center
- Karlyn Bowman, American Enterprise Institute
- Chris Faricy, Maxwell School at Syracuse University
- William Galston, Brookings Institution
- Howard Gleckman, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, Urban Institute (Moderator)