Join the Urban Institute, in collaboration with JPMorgan Chase & Co., for a discussion exploring how some projects, including examples in Seattle and King County, Washington, are leveraging Opportunity Zones for community benefit. Panel discussions will highlight mission-driven Opportunity Zone models and explore practical lessons for how the incentive can increase access to affordable space. The first panel will examine Opportunity Zones’ role in advancing affordable housing, and the second panel will focus on how the incentive can support small businesses with affordable commercial spaces.
- Jim Casselberry, Chief Investment Officer, 4S Bay Partners LLC
- Jenny A. Durkan, Mayor, City of Seattle
- Jaebadiah Gardner, Founder and CEO, GardnerGlobal Inc.
- Kris Hermanns, Chief Impact Officer, Seattle Foundation
- Robert Jenkins, Senior Managing Director, Renaissance Equity PartnersLLC
- Sarah Lee, Governor’s Advanced Manufacturing Sector Lead, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Cat Martin, Vice President, Pacific Northwest, Global Philanthropy, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Erika C. Poethig, Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Urban Institute
- Katya Sienkiewicz, Chief Resilience Officer, City of Seattle
- Brett Theodos, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Tony To, Director Emeritus and Othello Square Project Director, HomeSight
Jeremy Wilkening, Vice President of Real Estate Development, Capitol Hill Housing