The Urban Institute is launching a Disability Equity Policy Initiative (DEPI) within our Office of Race and Equity Research. This work will have three initial focus areas: housing for disabled people, immigrants with disabilities, and challenges for disabled people living in rural areas.
Please join the Urban Institute and nationally recognized experts for a conversation on the importance of researchers advocating for disability inclusion in data collection and how we can apply a disability lens to our work.
- Celina Barrios-Millner, Co–Vice President, Office of Race and Equity Research, Urban Institute
- Allie Cannington, Senior Manager, Advocacy and Organizing, The Kelsey
- Rebecca Cokley, Program Officer, US Disability Rights, Ford Foundation
- Katherine A. Pérez, Visiting Professor of Law, Loyola Law School; Director, The Coelho Center for Disability Law, Policy & Innovation
- Susan J. Popkin, Institute Fellow, Urban Institute
- Bonnielin Swenor, Director and Founder, Johns Hopkins Disability Health Research Center
- Kimberlyn Leary, Senior Vice President, Urban Institute (moderator)
Funding for this event was provided by seed funding from the Ford Foundation. For more on Urban’s funding policies, go to urban.org/fundingprinciples.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully. We will provide ASL, CART, and auto-transcription services. Please email [email protected] if you require any accommodations or have any questions about this event.