The DC area’s growing population has brought increased investment, but that investment and its related benefits have not been evenly distributed across the region. And even before the pandemic’s hit to the local economy, investment expansion stalled, making the region’s future growth uncertain.
Join us for a discussion on recent investment trends into the DC region and how place-based and people-based community development policy tools can support both growth and equity.
- Marla Bilonick, President and CEO, National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders
- Kathy Hollinger, President, Greater Washington Partnership
- Nadine Duplessy Kearns, Vice President Mid-Atlantic Corporate Responsibility, JPMorgan Chase
- Amir Kirkwood, President and CEO, Virginia Community Capital
- Brett Theodos, Senior Fellow and Director, Community Economic Development Hub, Urban Institute (moderator)
- Aspasia Xypolia, Director Housing and Community Development, Prince George’s County
This event and the related case study were funded by a grant from JPMorgan Chase & Co. For more information on Urban’s funding policies, go to urban.org/about/our-funding.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals to engage fully. Please email [email protected] if you require any accommodations or have any questions about this event.