Please join the Urban Institute for the final installment of our community college event series, focused on investing in community college students’ advancement along a career pathway. Career pathways are designed to help community college students take increasingly more advanced steps in their education and career to find employment that offers family-sustaining wages. However, more knowledge is needed to determine what strategies work to support advancement beyond an initial step on a career pathway. This panel will explore how community colleges are supporting advancement in education and the workforce through career pathways programs.
- Julian Alssid, Vice President, Workforce Development, Community College of Rhode Island
- Mildred Coyne, Senior Vice President, Workforce Education and Innovation, Broward College
- Anne M. Kress, President, Monroe Community College
- Jennie Sparandara, Head of Global Workforce Initiatives Corporate Responsibility, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Shayne Spaulding, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Julie Strawn, Principal Associate, Abt Associates
- Johan E. Uvin, President, Institute for Educational Leadership (moderator)