Join the Urban Institute for a conversation about how local governments can help employees and owners transition firms to employee ownership. The event will convene experts in the worker cooperative space to discuss New York City’s Employee Ownership NYC initiative, its reproducibility in other local contexts, and best practices for how local governments can support employee ownership.
The event accompanies five briefs produced by the Urban Institute that document the design and implementation of Employee Ownership NYC within New York City’s small business ecosystem.
- Ryan Cagle, Industrial Business Account Manager, Business Outreach Center Network
- Quincy Ely-Cate, Director of Industrial Business Development, Business Outreach Center Network
- Melissa Hoover, Executive Director, Democracy at Work Institute
- Jessica Shakesprere, Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Micaela Skoknic, Industrial Programs Manager, Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation
- Brett Theodos, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
Support for this event is provided by the Office of the New York City Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policy Initiatives. For more information on the Urban Institute’s funding principles, go to urban.org/fundingprinciples.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. Please email email@example.com if you require any accommodations or have any questions about this event.