THIS EVENT WILL BE STREAMED LIVE FROM THIS PAGE.
REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED TO WATCH THE WEBCAST
ONLINE AUDIENCE CAN SUBMIT QUESTIONS TO EVENTS@URBAN.ORG
Join the Urban Institute and the Forum for Youth Investment for a conversation with local leaders about how evidence-based strategies have worked in their communities, highlighting the successes and challenges they have encountered.
When researchers produce strong evidence, what are the best ways to increase the likelihood of practitioners using that evidence? And how can practitioners engage with researchers so that evidence is actionable, timely, and relevant? Local leaders are often concerned with how to improve their systems, support high-quality practices, and align new programs with existing systems. How can the engagement of practitioners and researchers ensure that evidence supports programs?
We invite you to learn from local leaders about what programmatic or operational infrastructure or research partnerships are supporting the use of evidence across policy areas related to children and youth.
- Ilene Berman, Senior Associate, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Matthew Billings, Deputy Director, Providence Children and Youth Cabinet
- Lili Elkins, Chief Strategy Office, Roca Inc.
- Lauren Eyster, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Thaddeus Ferber, Vice President, Forum for Youth Investment
- Ruth Neild, Director, Philadelphia Education Research Consortium
- Vivian Tseng, Senior Vice President, William T. Grant Foundation
- John Scianimanico, Policy Lab Manager, Results-Driven Government, Laura and John Arnold Foundation
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, President, Urban Institute