Please join the Urban Institute for a conversation with Dr. Lael Brainard, a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, who will discuss and respond to questions about the Federal Reserve’s proposals to update and strengthen Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations.
Brainard has been a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System since 2014 and previously served as undersecretary of the Treasury for International Affairs. In her current role, she has been coordinating the Federal Reserve’s work on modernizing the CRA.
Following Brainard’s remarks, Sarah Rosen Wartell, president of the Urban Institute, will moderate a conversation responding to the proposed rulemaking on the CRA with Laurie Goodman, vice president for housing finance policy at the Urban Institute; Noel Poyo, executive director of the National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders; and Ellen Seidman, nonresident fellow in Urban’s Housing Finance Policy Center.
- Lael Brainard, Member, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Laurie Goodman, Vice President, Housing Finance Policy, Urban Institute
- Noel Poyo, Executive Director, National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders
- Ellen Seidman, Nonresident Fellow, Urban Institute
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, President, Urban Institute (moderator)