School funding is front and center in many state capitols, as policymakers attempt to ensure every student has access to a high-quality education. But given the complexities of our school finance systems, how should policymakers approach school funding to achieve their goals?
The Urban Institute hosted a panel discussion about state school funding policies and their role in addressing educational inequality. The panel discussed the school funding reforms that are being proposed or implemented in states across the country, with a focus on how state policymakers can ensure that funding reaches students who need it most.
- Ary Amerikaner, Director, P–12 Resource Equity, The Education Trust
- Matt Chingos, Director, Education Policy Program, Urban Institute
- Marguerite Roza, Director, Edunomics Lab, Georgetown University
- Lisa Snell, Director of Education, Reason Foundation
- Daniel G. Thatcher, Program Director, Education Program, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Matt Barnum, National Reporter, Chalkbeat (moderator)