Join the Urban Institute at DC Ideas Fest to elevate the debate about how we can achieve an inclusive economy for all Washingtonians. DC mayor Muriel Bowser recently announced a new economic strategy to expand and diversify the private-sector economy and tax base, attracting new innovations and technology to the city. Research experts and community leaders will explore how the plan can address the vast disparities in employment and opportunity between different groups of people and neighborhoods and lead to greater shared prosperity.
- Sharon Carney, economic strategy director, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning & Economic Development
- Kevin Clinton, COO, Federal City Council
- Roy “Chip” Ellis, CEO, Ellis Development Group
- Adam Kent, senior program officer, LISC DC
- Gustavo Velasquez, director, Washington-Area Research Initiative, Urban Institute (moderator)