Building Community Colleges for the Future Event Series
The event will also be webcast live from this page.
Registration is not required to view the webcast.
Please join the Urban Institute for the first installment of our community college event series, focused on connecting students to employment. Many students attend community colleges to learn new skills and earn credentials that will help them succeed in the workforce. But it can be a challenge for community colleges to better connect students to employment and align their programs with employer needs to improve labor market outcomes.
As the first in the series, this event will feature two panels that explore how community colleges connect their students to meaningful work experience and employment. The first panel will highlight the experiences and lessons from college leaders and employers on building and sustaining employer–community college partnerships. The second panel will focus on promising examples of work-based learning opportunities for community college students, highlighting the strategies and partnerships colleges and other stakeholders develop to ensure students gain hands-on experiences and skills to succeed in their industry.
- Building Strong Employer-Community College Partnerships
- Kenneth Adams, Dean for Workforce and Economic Development, Bronx Community College
- Shanika Hope, Head of Content and Research, AWS Educate, Amazon Web Services
- Steven Partridge, Vice President for Strategic Partnerships and Workforce Innovation, Northern Virginia Community College
- Molly M. Scott, Principal Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Lauren Eyster, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute (moderator)
- Creating Meaningful Work-Based Learning Opportunities for Community College Students
- Anne Bacon, Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, North Carolina Community Colleges
- Rick Bouillon, Associate Vice President, Workforce and Economic Development, Salt Lake Community College
- Haden Springer, Workforce Development Manager, Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Paul Thompson, Executive Director, Apprenticeship and Workforce Solutions, City Colleges of Chicago
- Jennifer Worth, Senior Vice President, Workforce and Economic Development, American Association of Community Colleges (moderator)