The Colson Task Force, established by Congressional mandate, is a nine‐person, bipartisan, blue ribbon panel charged with examining challenges in the federal corrections system and developing practical, data‐driven policy responses. With presentations from federal criminal justice leaders, this first meeting focused on key issues facing the federal criminal justice system related to prison population growth, costs, and overcrowding. The insights shared during this public session informed the Task Force as it works to identify opportunities for criminal justice reform.
- Paul J. Fishman, US Attorney for the District of New Jersey
- Charles E. Samuels, Jr., Director, Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Judge Irene M. Keeley, Chair, Criminal Law Committee of the Judicial Conference of the United States
- Chief Judge Patti B. Saris, Chair, US Sentencing Commission
COLSON TASK FORCE MEMBERS
- J.C. Watts, Jr., Chair
- Alan B. Mollohan, Vice-Chair
- David Iglesias
- Jim Liske
- Jay Neal
- Laurie O. Robinson
- Cynthia W. Roseberry
- Judge Ricardo M. Urbina
- John E. Wetzel
For full member biographies or more information on the Colson Task Force, please visit: www.colsontaskforce.org.