The event will be webcast live from this page. Registration is not required to view the webcast. Online audience can submit questions to email@example.com.
Please join the Urban Institute and the Association of Employment and Learning Providers for the fourth annual Transatlantic Apprenticeship Exchange Forum on Tuesday, November 13, during National Apprenticeship Week. The United States and the United Kingdom are both undergoing important transitions in their apprenticeship systems. How are the two countries creating systems that simplify apprenticeship development while assuring high-quality learning? What can countries on both sides of the Atlantic learn from each other? This forum will cover the latest developments in US-UK apprenticeship policy, the functions of a well-structured apprenticeship system, and whether existing and new institutions are fulfilling these functions. Speakers will include leading authorities and practitioners from Canada, the UK, and the US.
- Simon Ashworth, Chief Policy Officer, Association of Employment and Learning Providers
- Sir Gerry Berragan, Chief Executive, Institute for Apprenticeships
- Tom Bewick, President, Transatlantic Apprenticeship Exchange Forum; Chief Executive, Federation of Awarding Bodies
- Thomas Burton, Head of Assessment, NOCN Group
- John Ladd, Administrator, Office of Apprenticeship, US Department of Labor
- Susanna Lawson, Cofounder and Director, OneFile
- Mardy Leathers, Director, Missouri Division of Workforce Development
- Robert Lerman, Institute Fellow, Urban Institute
- Simon Marti, Head of the Office of Science, Technology and Higher Education, Embassy of Switzerland
- Jim Rosapepe, State Senator, Maryland
- Katie Spiker, Senior Federal Policy Analyst, National Skills Coalition
- Spenser Villwock, Chief Executive Officer, Independent Electrical Contractors
- Sarah Watts-Rynard, Chief Executive Officer, Polytechnics Canada
Check-in and breakfast will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the program will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. For questions regarding this event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.