The Urban Institute launched the Registered Apprenticeship Occupations and Standards Center of Excellence, in partnership with the US Department of Labor (DOL), to build a “gold standard” infrastructure of occupational skills for registered apprenticeship programs in the US.
As part of the Center of Excellence, the Urban Institute is releasing a new apprenticeship tool: National Occupational Frameworks and an accompanying guide. These frameworks are industry vetted and DOL approved, and business, education, workforce, and other leaders can use them to facilitate the expansion of high-quality apprenticeship programs. Frameworks are being created in the fastest-growing sectors for apprenticeship, from health care to information technology to manufacturing and more. The Urban Institute is also launching the Registered Apprenticeship Standards Library that facilitates an easy way to search for existing standards across the country.
Join us for a virtual event to learn more about how the National Occupational Frameworks and the Registered Apprenticeship Standards Library can accelerate your efforts to advance registered apprenticeship.
- John Ladd, Administrator, Office of Apprenticeship
- Zach Boren, Senior Policy Program Manager, Urban Institute
- Kathryn Castelloes, Apprenticeship Director, North Carolina Community College System
- Patrick Cushing, Founder, WorkHands
- Sean Ofeldt, Founder and CEO, Transition Overwatch
- Bhavani Arabandi, Principal Research Associate, Urban Institute (moderator)