Join the Urban Institute for a conversation on how to strategically collaborate across various levels of government to systematically center, embed, and advance racial equity. This virtual event will bring together equity leaders representing federal, state, and local governments to talk about the process and challenges of and lessons learned from tackling a multipronged approach to advance racial equity. The wide-ranging discussion will explore lessons learned in conducting an internal equity assessment, best practices for the allocation of resources and delivery of government benefits, and ways to deliberately engage with communities of color while spotlighting the unique governmental challenges, barriers, and considerations in sustainably advancing racial equity.
- Rekha Balu, Director of Federal Equity Initiatives, Co-Vice President of the Office of Race and Equity Research, Urban Institute
- Maya Duru, Fellow, Office of Evaluation Sciences, General Services Administration
- Alfredo Hernandez, Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Michigan Department of Civil Rights
- Namita Mody, Director, Council Office of Racial Equity (CORE), Council of the District of Columbia
- Heather Jue Northover, Principal Analyst, Anti-Racism, Diversity, and Inclusion Initiative, Los Angeles County Chief Executive Office
- Brion Oaks, Chief Equity Officer, City of Austin
- Kimberlyn Leary, Senior Vice President, Urban Institute (moderator)
This event is hosted by Urban's Office of Race and Equity Research and Racial Equity Analytics Lab.We are grateful to Ballmer Group, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Kresge Foundation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and Salesforce for supporting the Racial Equity Analytics Lab. For more information on the Urban Institute’s funding principles, go to urban.org/fundingprinciples.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any accommodations or have any questions about this event.