Please join the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International, the Cooperative Development Foundation, and the Urban Institute for a discussion to better understand cooperatives and their link to healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities. Though interest in cooperatives is growing, evidence of their unique contributions to economic activity, community vitality, and worker well-being is still emerging. This presentation will discuss the Urban Institute’s report, The ABCs of Cooperative Impact, its seven-point framework for evaluating cooperatives’ economic and social influence, and examples of cooperatives that are responsive to member and community needs.
- Cornelius Blanding, Executive Director, Federation of Southern Cooperatives
- Carla Decker, President and CEO, DC Credit Union
- Margaret Lund, Principal, Coopera Co.
- Doug O’Brien, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International
- Brett Theodos, Principal Research Associate, Urban Institute