- Urban’s new office is directly connected to the L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station, which serves the Blue, Orange, Silver, Green, and Yellow lines.
- Use the L’Enfant Plaza (D & 9th Street) exit, located on the upper Yellow/Green line platform toward Huntington/Branch Ave.
- After the escalators, go through the glass doors into the food court.
- Walk straight, and Urban is at the end of the long corridor.
Wheelchair Access via Metro
- Use the Metro elevator, located at Maryland Ave. and 7th Street.
- Exit the elevator and continue south on 7th street towards D Street SW.
- After crossing D Street, the L'Enfant Plaza Promenade entrance is directly behind the HUD building on 7th Street. This entrance has a wheelchair access ramp.
- Enter through a set of glass doors into the food court.
- Continue straight, and Urban is at the end of the long corridor.
- Daily parking is available for visitors at the Urban Institute. PLEASE NOTE: The entrance is located at 840 D Street SW. Do not put our street address, 500 L’Enfant Plaza, into your GPS as it will direct you to the loading dock entrance.
- After entering the parking garage, tell the parking attendants you are visiting the Urban Institute and they will direct you towards the portion of the garage that directly accesses 500 L’Enfant Plaza.
- Take the elevators for 500 L’Enfant Plaza and proceed to the Promenade Level (PR).
- Payment must be by credit or debit card. There is no cash accepted.
- As a warning, the entrance to the garage is a bit hidden. It is located on D Street, SW between the HUD building and the entrance to the L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station.
- When using a ride share app like Uber or Lyft, we suggest using 490 L’Enfant Plaza SW as the address.
- There is a security checkpoint at the entrance of L’Enfant Plaza. Tell the guards you’re attending an Urban Institute event, and they will direct you down the driveway to 500 L’Enfant Plaza.