The data revolution is transforming how executives manage operations and businesses deliver goods and services. Yet when it comes to helping people escape poverty, the revolution has barely begun.
Six core principles are essential to an effective and sustainable strategy to take advantage of untapped data:
- Establish clear benefits to data owners.
- Engage low-income families.
- Design for security, privacy, and confidentiality.
- Standardize frameworks, technological capacities, and data structures.
- Strengthen human capacity, especially in state and local workforces.
- Focus early on sustainability, scalability, and a community of practice.