Join the Urban Institute, with support from JPMorgan Chase & Co., for a convening to explore the connections between financial health and inclusive growth. Throughout the day, leading policymakers, practitioners, researchers, and philanthropists from across the country will share their insights on building financial health into municipal resiliency planning, engaging underrepresented stakeholder perspectives in inclusive growth, creating partnerships between stakeholders in the financial health and inclusive growth fields to achieve shared goals, and harnessing economic growth for all.
Conversations will be grounded in Urban’s evidence-based insights on the financial health of residents and innovative case examples from various communities. Participants will also have the opportunity to network with others in the financial health and inclusive growth fields.
The agenda will include the following sessions:
- The Connection between Financial Health and Inclusive Growth
- Engaging Underrepresented Perspectives in Inclusive Growth
- Ensuring Economic Resilience for Everyone: Lessons from Chief Resilience Officers
- Funding Solutions for Inclusive Growth
- Harnessing Economic Growth for Everyone: Lessons from Three Cities
- Don Baylor Jr., Senior Associate, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Kevin Bush, Chief Resilience Officer, District of Columbia
- Lomax R. Campbell, Director of the Mayor’s Office of Community Wealth Building, City of Rochester, New York
- Santra Denis, Chief Program Officer, Catalyst Miami
- David Eichenthal, Executive Director, National Resource Network
- Diana Elliott, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Nicole Ferrini, Chief Resilience Officer, City of El Paso, Texas
- Holly Frindell, Associate Director, National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders
- Heidi Goldberg, Director, Economic Opportunity and Financial Empowerment, National League of Cities
- Tamara Lindsay, Principal, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund
- Carlos Martín, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Christine Morris, Former Chief Resilience Officer, City of Norfolk, Virginia
- Erika C. Poethig, Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Urban Institute
- Margery Austin Turner, Senior Vice President for Program Planning and Management, Urban Institute
Additional speakers to be announced.