Last month, the DC Tax Revision Commission unanimously approved a package of reforms for DC’s tax code. The measures are designed to increase fairness, broaden the tax base, and promote competitiveness. The Tax Policy Center assembled a panel to describe the Commission’s recommendations and summarize its findings. The panel discussed the path forward for DC and the lessons learned for other local jurisdictions looking to reform their tax code.
- Sarah Wartell, President, Urban Institute
- Anthony A. Williams, Chair, DC Tax Revision Commission; former mayor of DC; Currently CEO and Executive Director of the Federal City Council
- Mark Ein, Commissioner, DC Tax Revision Commission; CEO, Venturehouse Group
- Ed Lazere, Commissioner, DC Tax Revision Commission; Executive Director, DC Fiscal Policy Institute
- Steven Rosenthal, Staff Director, DC Tax Revision Commission; Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center (Moderator)
- Kim Rueben, Commissioner, DC Tax Revision Commission; Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center