Please join the Urban Institute for an overview of the newly launched Registered Apprenticeship Technical Assistance Centers of Excellence. The event will feature the leads of each of the four technical assistance centers: Data and Best Practices, Diversity and Inclusion, Strategic Partnerships and System Alignment, and Apprenticeship Occupations and Standards. Throughout the event we will explore what it might look like to achieve the following ambitious goals:
- supporting the improvement and development of sustainable data systems and tools and increasing the number of programs consistently reporting quality data and using data-based approaches;
- expanding opportunities for women, youth, people of color, rural communities, people involved in the criminal justice system, and people with disabilities;
- accelerating adoption of registered apprenticeship at the national level by drawing on and stimulating proven innovation at the local level and by developing and disseminating the best strategic partnership and system alignment practices; and
- building a gold-standard occupational standards infrastructure that increases the transparency, portability, quality, ease of use, and scalability of the US registered apprenticeship system.
Following presentations, we will close with a panel discussion about how the Registered Apprenticeship Technical Assistance Centers will collectively accelerate progress toward a stronger national apprenticeship system by 2025.
- Zach Boren, Senior Policy Program Manager, Urban Institute
- Diana Elliott, Principal Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Casandra Hockenberry, Senior Policy Analyst, Council of State Governments
- Mukta Pandit, President and Founder, Safal Partners
- Eric M. Seleznow, Senior Advisor, Jobs for the Future