About the Project
Our team of Urban staff and experienced partners can provide employers with important services to prepare them for hosting registered apprenticeship programs. These resources include tangible materials and consultative technical assistance. Technical assistance ranges from intermittent questions to longer-term, one-on-one work, including the following:
- answering employers’ questions about apprenticeships;
- working with employers to select occupations and develop the training plans and other related content for new registered apprenticeship programs;
- connecting employers with community colleges and other avenues for hiring apprentices;
- supporting employers in registering programs with federal apprenticeship agencies; and
- providing modest funding to help employers offset costs related to registering apprentices.
Opportunities for Partnership
The Urban Institute team is seeking ways to partner with organizations and networks to advance this work. This is a terrific opportunity for industries and employers to participate in a larger national effort, be leaders in this space, and help develop registered apprenticeship programs in tech occupations across a wide range of industries. If interested, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.