Urban’s National Council is a network of high-level community, policy, and business leaders who act as financial and intellectual supporters of the Urban Institute. Members believe rigorous, independent research is the backbone of policy and debate. By supporting Urban, they become partners in providing timely, hard-hitting analysis of social and economic policymaking that improves lives and strengthens communities.
National Council Members
- Engage with researchers and thought leaders to discuss the most important issues of the day;
- Understand that, however fractured and frustrating the political discourse may be, the facts matter, the best ideas come from looking at evidence, and an informed debate will produce better results; and
- Believe that the success of nonpartisan, independent institutions depends on the support of individuals who recognize their value.
The Benefits of Membership
- Acknowledgment on our website and in the most recent annual report
- Invitation to annual Urban Institute board of trustees dinner, which features a dialogue with a high-profile guest
- Invitations to select events on pressing policy issues, including roundtables, lectures, talks, and other convenings organized by Urban’s policy centers throughout the year
- Updates on Urban’s progress and impact
We hope you will consider becoming a member of the National Council. Financial support from National Council members provides flexible resources, allowing the Institute to anticipate and respond to emerging policy issues with timely analysis and relevant insights. Membership begins at $10,000 annually, and benefits are customized based on engagement level and interest areas.
Contributions can be made online or by check. Please make your check payable to the Urban Institute (Tax ID 52-0880375) and mail it to
Vice President for Philanthropic Partnerships
2100 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
For more information about membership, please contact Elizabeth Kelley, vice president for philanthropic partnerships, at 202-833-7200.