The Urban Institute hosted a special evening seminar with key senior housing and housing finance officials from both sides of the aisle who reflected on the most challenging issues of the day.
Panel One: Senior Obama administration officials discuss how they faced housing policy challenges coming out of the crisis.
- Jared Bernstein, former chief economist and economic adviser to vice president Joe Biden
- Phyllis Caldwell, former chief, Homeownership Preservation Office, US Treasury
- Carol Galante, former commissioner, Federal Housing Administration
- Michael Stegman, former counselor to the secretary, US Treasury; former senior adviser, National Economic Council
- Antonio Weiss, counselor to the secretary, US Treasury
- Jim Parrott, senior fellow, Urban Institute; former senior adviser, National Economic Council (moderator)
Panel Two: Key thought leaders discuss where we are likely to go on these issues in the years to come.
- Michael Bright, director, Center for Financial Markets, Milken Institute
- Mark Calabria, director, financial regulation studies, Cato Institute
- Shawn Krause, executive vice president, Quicken Loans
- Rick Lazio, partner at Jones Walker LLP; former member, House of Representatives (R-NY-2)
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, president, Urban Institute (moderator)