The legal and policy landscape for LGBTQ people searching for and securing housing continues to change. The Urban Institute has conducted the first multisite, in-person, paired testing study on rental housing discrimination against lesbians, gay men, and transgender people and invites you to a panel discussion where the findings will be presented for the first time. The panel will feature researchers and practitioners who will discuss housing discrimination and other challenges LGBTQ communities face and suggested next steps in policy, research, and advocacy.
- Sandy James, Research Director, National Center for Transgender Equality
- Diane K. Levy, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Jim McCarthy, President and CEO, Miami Valley Fair Housing Center Inc.
- Brittany Walsh, Senior Manager of Retention and Engagement, Whitman Walker Health
- Margery Austin Turner, Senior Vice President for Program Planning and Management, Urban Institute (moderator)