The Urban Institute, in collaboration with JPMorgan Chase, invites you to a convening of community development financial institution (CDFI) leaders and policymakers to highlight the role CDFIs play nationally in creating equity and restarting economic growth. How can and do CDFIs build and enhance opportunity for all in both high-growth economies and resurging rural communities? We will explore the experience and perspectives of CDFIs themselves, and of national and state policymakers.
Sessions will include the following
- Creating Equity in High-Growth Economies
What are CDFIs doing to expand opportunity in places experiencing fast-paced development and investment?
- Restarting Economic Growth
How are CDFIs contributing to renewed investment in communities that are restarting economic growth?
- The View from Congress and the States
What is the policy future for CDFIs? How do state leaders and Congress view the work of CDFIs?
Join policymakers, researchers, philanthropists, and practitioners from across the country to discuss the future of CDFIs in creating equity and restarting economic growth in our communities.
Featured speakers will include the following
- Sarah Rosen Wartell, President, Urban Institute
- Colleen Briggs, Executive Director, JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Noel Poyo, Executive Director, National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders
- Brett Theodos, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Kevin Smith, President and CEO, Community Ventures
- Calvin Holmes, President, Chicago Community Loan Fund
- Grace Fricks, President and CEO, Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs