To attend in Washington, D.C., go to
10:00-11:30: The Current Landscape
Who wins and who loses from exemption?
Moderator: Elizabeth Boris, Urban Institute
- Evelyn Brody, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Joseph Cordes, George Washington University
- Rick Cohen, Nonprofit Quarterly
- Thomas Longoria, Texas State University
12:00-1:15: Focus on Eds and Meds
A focus on the current major pressure points: nonprofit hospitals and colleges and universities.
Moderator: Roger Colinvaux, Columbia School of Law, Catholic University of America
- Higher education: Matt Hamill, National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Hospitals: Keith Hearle, Verite Healthcare Consulting
- Woods Bowman, DePaul University
1:30-3:15: Negotiated Payments in Lieu of Taxes as Wave of the Future?
Will global solutions remain elusive? Will we see more use of “voluntary” PILOTs? What should a well-designed PILOT program look like, and how should it be created?
Moderator: Kim Rueben, Urban Institute
- Ron Rakow, City of Boston
- Daphne Kenyon, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- David Thompson, National Council of Nonprofits
- David Brunori, State Tax Notes
- G. Reynolds “Renny” Clark, on behalf of the Pittsburgh Public Service Fund, University of Pittsburgh
Eugene Steuerle, Urban Institute
At the Urban Institute
2100 M Street N.W., 5th Floor, Washington, D.C.