Our publications, public affairs, and web teams work together to help researchers communicate their findings and recommendations to policymakers, program administrators, the media, other scholars, advocacy groups, educators, and students.
Making the Institute’s research, publications, experts, and activities available to all, through urban.org and related project web sites.
TESTIMONY AND PRESENTATIONS
Facts, background, commentary, and research findings delivered to members of Congress, policymakers, researchers, and program managers.
- Read “Increasing Health Insurance Coverage of Workers in Small Firms,” Linda J. Blumberg’s testimony before the Finance Committee of the United States Senate.
Research findings, results from program evaluations, and analyses of emerging trends.
- Browse the 359 research publications produced in print and online this year.
PODCASTS AND WEBCASTS
Full audio recordings and live broadcasts of UI events, speakers, and presentations at no cost.
- Listen to the Research of Record podcast.
Policy perspectives published in state, national, and international media.
- Read “Make the Tax Cuts Work,” Len Burman’s op-ed in the New York Times.
Close work with the national, state, and local media to convey facts and perspectives on news and trends.
- Browse a selection of notable quotables from 2007.
Weekly and monthly e-mail newsletters that keep subscribers up to date on Institute events, research, publications, and more.
- see the complete list of e-newsletter choices
CONFERENCES, FORUMS, AND BRIEFINGS
Information and ideas for policy analysts, program practitioners, public officials, and the media.
- Listen to the audiofile of our seminar “Can Tax Policy Slow Global Warming?”
In-depth analyses of public policies and programs engaging students, policymakers, and the public.
- Read an excerpt from our best seller, Subprime Mortgages: America’s Latest Boom and Bust.
- See all books released by UI Press in 2007.
Kathleen Courrier, Vice President for Communication
Stu Kantor, Team Leader
Scott Forrey, Team Leader
Dana Campbell, Team Leader